• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its come to attention This Year about contractor Rates have gone down considerably

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its come to attention This Year about contractor Rates have gone down considerably

Hi fellow contractors
    It has come to my attention this year 2015, the contract rates have gone down considerably throughout most of the regions.

It is of my opinion that the Agencies have obviously have up their percentage and contractors seem to be loosing out considerably.
    I would be interested to have a discussion on this if someone is interested?

There's a lot more Bob agencies out there peddling Bobs at Primark prices.

Tories have handed them a Carte Blanche free for all on work permits.

Here's a picture of my agent last week.

Comment

Originally posted by zacuk View Post
      Hi fellow contractors
      It has come to my attention this year 2015, the contract rates have gone down considerably throughout most of the regions.

It is of my opinion that the Agencies have obviously have up their percentage and contractors seem to be loosing out considerably.
      I would be interested to have a discussion on this if someone is interested?
      No point, you are illiterate. Spelling, grammar and punctuation, Dear Boy....

Comment

Ho hum....

Not even slightly inventive.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
          Ho hum....

Not even slightly inventive.
          Hey that's my response....

Comment

Well my rate is up 50% on last year so I'm not complaining, however I will be once this one ends.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
              Well my rate is up 50% on last year so I'm not complaining, however I will be once this one ends.
              A fiver to seven fifty an hour. Living the dream.

Percentages.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Rates in my sector have fallen about 10-15pc in the last 12 months. Mind you, they had risen fairly nicely over the preceding few years.

Comment

I'm seeing it on both contract and permy, some of the permy salaries I'm seeing in my sector / technology are paying now what I was getting in 2004 with 2 years experience, also I see rates up north are starting to look better than London if you compare cost of living etc.
                  I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    A fiver to seven fifty an hour. Living the dream.

Percentages.
                    Yeah it's enough to fund all my fantasy trips to America.

Comment

Working...
                    X