• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Market

Been trading hard recently...

Got a huge position in Emerging Markets ...
    I'm alright Jack

what was the site you use to do the trading...
    whats and emerging market?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

got a huge stash of BT shares bought at £2.02 and £2.11, considering sellin them but am hopful the price will hit £2.80 soon
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Emerging markets are those scary ones like Brazil, Thailand, Russia etc., extremely volatile but great fun because even if they drop 50% you can get a quadrupling within months on some stocks.

I use Cortal-Consors a German on-line trading platform, quite good gives me access to most key stock exchanges and importantly NYSE and NASDAQ, which you really need for Brasil and Mexico for example, and its cheap max. EUR 69, so for big positions costs you virtually nothing.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

How big's big?

Comment

Gazprom is overvalued - I am from the region where it is actually based.

Comment

You say that as if those two facts are related.

Comment

I know what kind of people they are - would you invest into Enron if you knew who CEO and CFO were really like?

That said I have some GAZP shares - got them for free during privatisation in 1991, going to sell them in the next couple of month.

Comment

Footsie was back up to 6,000...

Comment

Anyone into the share game should buy EME first thing Monday. My sister's hubby works next plot to their sugarloaf site. Just need to find me a broker and I'm in. Got the news Friday about 6am but was too busy to ring around. Closed up 13%-ish.

Comment

Working...
                    X