• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Driving on wrong side of M4 for 7 miles!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driving on wrong side of M4 for 7 miles!!!

Motorway wrong-way driver banned
    A 63-year-old man has been banned from driving for five years after he admitted driving seven miles down the M4 near Swindon in the wrong direction.
    Ali Abdo, originally from Yemen, caused seven separate accidents as he drove into the path of oncoming traffic.

He was caught driving at 80 mph back to Cardiff after picking his wife up from Heathrow Airport in February.

The judge at Swindon Crown Court gave Abdo a three-month prison sentence which is suspended for two years.

Ah, looks like we won't have witty remarks from DimPrawn for at least 3 months - he sure won't be let out early for good behavior, his real name sure sucks

Comment

What the Judge should have given him is a free one-way ticket back to Yemen.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I assume that this one had eyes... unlike the clown the other week.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I was in York, driving on the wrong side of the street. And the time in Blackburn, and the time in Rochdale, and the time in Cheetham hill (but then everyone drives on the wrong side there). Haven't tried a motorway yet though.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Actually, I'm rather looking forward to retirement, because it seems that you you have carte blanche to get away with such vehicular and non-vehicular mischief, and blame it (rightly or wrongly) on being doo-lally.

Let's be honest..Retirement is the Impending Signal to Die, so if you have an extra few years, you may as well enjoy them before you croak it. See "Waiting for God".

Mind you, I had an interesting discussion with a mate, who said that he wanted to go out in a blaze of random senselessness.

Belltower, Sniper Rifle, random targets.

I asked him what the motive was and he replied "None. None whatsoever. Because that pi55es off the the Police and the grieving families.They WANT answers and there ARE none. They want to know their little girl/husband/whatever didnt die in vain...when in fact they did."

I thought about his words, and I think he had a point.

Tomorrow, your loved one, or you, will walk in the front of a pair of crosshairs. And the trigger may be pulled. For no reason at all. And the body will fall, lifeless to the floor.

Can you reconcile that ? Can you appreciate death without meaning ?
            Last edited by Board Game Geek; 30 September 2006, 03:04.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
              Actually, I'm rather looking forward to retirement, because it seems that you you have carte blanche to get away with such vehicular and non-vehicular mischief, and blame it (rightly or wrongly) on being doo-lally.

Let's be honest..Retirement is the Impending Signal to Die, so if you have an extra few years, you may as well enjoy them before you croak it. See "Waiting for God".

Mind you, I had an interesting discussion with a mate, who said that he wanted to go out in a blaze of random senselessness.

Belltower, Sniper Rifle, random targets.

I asked him what the motive was and he replied "None. None whatsoever. Because that pi55es off the the Police and the grieving families.They WANT answers and there ARE none. They want to know their little girl/husband/whatever didnt die in vain...when in fact they did."

I thought about his words, and I think he had a point.

Tomorrow, your loved one, or you, will walk in the front of a pair of crosshairs. And the trigger may be pulled. For no reason at all. And the body will fall, lifeless to the floor.

Can you reconcile that ? Can you appreciate death without meaning ?
              This concept needs updating and for maximum effect should be directed only at Labour party leaders/party workers/voters
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

My plan was always to jump off the Clifton suspension bridge and land on the queen mother. I really must get round to updating it.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
                  Motorway wrong-way driver banned
                  A 63-year-old man has been banned from driving for five years after he admitted driving seven miles down the M4 near Swindon in the wrong direction.
                  Turns out he can't read, so he couldn't read the road signs.

Nobody can explain how he got his licence in the first place. Un-PC not to give him one I suppose.

Comment

You mean he actually had a licence?

Duw.

There's posh then.

Comment

Working...
                    X