• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ivy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ivy

I got loads of it in my garden been clearing it for weeks.

I spotted before what I thought was a tree / shrub as the trunk was approx. 9-10inch in diameter so ignored it turns out its a ivy stem, to get that large it must of been there for years........ I'm ringing record breakers ......
    I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Be thankful it's not Fallopia japonica...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Be thankful it's not Fallopia japonica...
      Yeah tbh now I'm in the house and seen what the garden is like in spring / summer I am truly surprised I don't have knot weed. After 8 weekend of constantly being in the garden I relented today and booked myself a gardener.
      I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Originally posted by ELBBUBKUNPS View Post
        Yeah tbh now I'm in the house and seen what the garden is like in spring / summer I am truly surprised I don't have knot weed. After 8 weekend of constantly being in the garden I relented today and booked myself a gardener.
        I am a contractor. Anything I don't want to do gets subcontracted to someone who is better at it than me. Gardening, ironing and cleaning are all items to be outsourced...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I am a contractor. Anything I don't want to do gets subcontracted to someone who is better at it than me. Gardening, ironing and cleaning are all items to be outsourced...
          They are what a wife is meant for. Why outsource and waste dosh?

Comment

Quite like Ivy me. looks much nicer than bare fence.

Not that I would ever seriously disagree with someone with your signature. Good eman, I mean name, too.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              They are what a wife is meant for. Why outsource and waste dosh?
              Because I'm not divorced nor plan to be
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Glad to know its not just me that is dealing with a problem garden!

I'm trying to remove everything that is not lawn, small trees, bushes all gone. I'm scratched to hell! I even bought a new mower from Bosh, powered by batteries. Saves on time messing about getting petrol and oil.

I did try to get someone in to do the gardening but they are expensive and said they would only do the lawn, not the hedges, bushes, plants. I also feel a bit guilty but being in the garden its one of the few times I get some sun.

Comment

Some ivy has completely worked its way into a 100 year old wall in the back garden . I don't want kill it as the branches that are all through the mortar would degrade over time and weaken the wall.

I just have to attack it once a year. If it gets left for a few years it will become about a foot deep on the wall and you end up cutting it off with a hedge trimmer like cutting slices of birthday cake.

Comment

Working...
                  X