• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My FFFFFFing Passport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FFFFFFing Passport

Well it just goes to show you doesn't it. I had an appointment for Tuesday for a replacement passport but cancelled it. I had to wait an extra 4 days to get a copy of my birth certificate because some ****** in the call centre told me I would be turned away if I didnt turn up with it, only to wait four days to get it, drive 250miles round trip to Newport this morning, queue for 5 minutes and then be told 'Oh we dont need that - who told you that'

I HATE CALL CENTRE ADVISORS. THEY ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!!!

Still take a week to get though. The only time you get it quick is renewals.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Well it just goes to show you doesn't it. I had an appointment for Tuesday for a replacement passport but cancelled it. I had to wait an extra 4 days to get a copy of my birth certificate because some ****** in the call centre told me I would be turned away if I didnt turn up with it, only to wait four days to get it, drive 250miles round trip to Newport this morning, queue for 5 minutes and then be told 'Oh we dont need that - who told you that'

I HATE CALL CENTRE ADVISORS. THEY ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH!!!

Still take a week to get though. The only time you get it quick is renewals.
    I did tell you that you didn't need it.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

That's a coincidence. I've just got back from a holiday in Portugal where I met this woman whose husband had the same problem, and he thought he needed a birth cert as well. Actually, she'd burnt his passport so she could go and have a good time without him. Her child-minder was fit.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        That's a coincidence. I've just got back from a holiday in Portugal where I met this woman whose husband had the same problem, and he thought he needed a birth cert as well. Actually, she'd burnt his passport so she could go and have a good time without him. Her child-minder was fit.

Comment

Confused. She went on holiday with the child minder? Or left him with the child minder (and child?) Heard about male child minders, the so called mannies. Would anyone really trust their kid with a bloke? not sure I would.

Or do you mean she was a lesbian?

Confused
          Last edited by xoggoth; 29 September 2006, 17:37.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Eunochs, that's the answer.

Comment

Who needs a passport to get into the UK?

May sure you get sun burn on the beach in some overcrowded spanish beach, mumble something about racism in a non-English language, 'is it coz I is pink, and in you come, might even get a council house you could sell off, if you claimed to have come from zimbabwe.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                Eunochs, that's the answer.
                Enoch... he had the answer....
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Unix, that's the answer.

Comment

What was the question again?

Comment

Working...
                    X