• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension auto enrollment email address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension auto enrollment email address

I received a letter regarding pension auto enrollment recently.
    I am the only director with no employee in my Ltd company. I have searched online and forum. I now have the information I need to email to inform that my company is exempt from auto enrollment.

On the letter that I received, I can see [email protected] but the posts on this forum and online pages mention [email protected] . I was wondering which email address should I be sending the email to.

Thank you.

You don't have to email them any more - just go here instead and do it online.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thank you for the link. Do we get an acknowledgement number or email confirming the request on the web form submission ? Sorry , I am being sceptical ( I have had problem with web form submission once in the past). On sending email, we have a record.

Comment

Originally posted by CTUsr1979 View Post
        Thank you for the link. Do we get an acknowledgement number or email confirming the request on the web form submission ? Sorry , I am being sceptical ( I have had problem with web form submission once in the past). On sending email, we have a record.
        Fill it in.

Send it.

If in 2 hours (office hours only) there is no reply then contact them.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No.

Give them a chance. They've only just discovered web-forms.

If it bothers you send an email to [email protected] using the template found here, which should get a reply.

Previous thread here - http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...enrolment.html

Comment

Thank you. I submitted the information via webform before 9 AM and got an acknowledgement email by 5 PM. I did ring their customer service around noon and they said the update would take a few days but it was processed on the same day.

Comment

Thank you. I submitted the information via webform before 9 AM and got an acknowledgement email by 5 PM. I did ring their customer service around noon and they said the update would take a few days but it was processed on the same day.
              There isn't an email field on the webform here. How did they know where to send the confirmation to?

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                There isn't an email field on the webform here. How did they know where to send the confirmation to?
                Sorry for the late response. Once you fill in the details on the first page, it will open another details page where you will be asked to provide further details.

Comment

isn't part of the contractors standard IR35 defence that we're running a genuine company and not just hiding behind incorporation for tax purposes? surely opting out of the pension thing doesn't help in that regard?

there's probably no case law yet but that's only because the pension auto enrolment hasn't really taken off across small companies yet - someone on one hand trying to say "look, look! I have the same expenses as BigCo!" while on the other hand saying "I don't need to opt in to the mandatory pensions enrolment because I'm only a one man band" is a bit inconsistent?

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                    isn't part of the contractors standard IR35 defence that we're running a genuine company and not just hiding behind incorporation for tax purposes? surely opting out of the pension thing doesn't help in that regard?

there's probably no case law yet but that's only because the pension auto enrolment hasn't really taken off across small companies yet - someone on one hand trying to say "look, look! I have the same expenses as BigCo!" while on the other hand saying "I don't need to opt in to the mandatory pensions enrolment because I'm only a one man band" is a bit inconsistent?
                    You could say something similar about Working Time Directive and National Minimum Wage. The legislation acknowledges exceptions for company directors so the rules can apply differently, or not at all. That doesn't imply you're not running a business, quite the opposite in fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X