• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This has to be a wind-up, surely...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has to be a wind-up, surely...

Not sure how this one crept through my spam filter (probably didn't come from the usual MSB mailbox). They want me to vote for them - the tossers who rang me up once to get a reference for a fellow contractor, and told me he'd been sacked from a previous client for gross misconduct, and therefore I couldn't trust the present agency to reference check and by the way would we like to transfer our contractor business to MSB? Not a f**king chance, says I. How did I know they were lying through their teeth? I had also been at the client who they claimed had fired him. It went awfully quiet when I told the pimp this. Must've been a different contractor with a similar name, says the greasy fecker, and hangs up. Bastards. Wonder which other showers of tulipe are on the shortlist.

MSB International is pleased to announce that we have been short listed for 3 Computing Awards for Excellence 2006.

The categories we have been nominated for are as follows:
    - IT Recruitment Consultancy of the Year
    - Most IT-enabled Small Business of the Year
    - IT Leader of the Year

As a valued candidate of MSB, we would appreciate any support you can give by taking part in the online voting procedure for the "IT Recruitment Consultancy of the Year" category.

To register your vote for MSB, simply click the weblink opposite.

By winning this prestigious award, we will be even better placed to attract a larger number of blue chip clients giving you greater access to the very best jobs in the market place.

Thank you for your support

Yours sincerely,

Aidan Anglin
    Managing Director
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Mordac. PLease provide three links to the other runners in these categories and I will vote for anyone but MSB.

hth
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

and the shortlist is...

Recruitment consultancy of the year

Abraxas
      Advanced Resource Managers
      Elan
      Hoaxley Associates
      Modis
      MSB International
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Its all balls anyway

Comment

Yes it is, but the important thing to remember is that clients read that rag (it's sent to them free) and they believe some of the bollux in it. If they see cowboys like MSB & Hoaxley shortlisted for these awards, they're inclined to believe they are reputable organisations. Which spells very bad news for contractors, IMHO.

Comment

Sounds like a job for RateYourAgency.co.uk
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz
              Sounds like a job for RateYourAgency.co.uk
              On that site
              www.smartrecruituk.com
              Through our branch network in Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia we recruit and select rigorously the finest tradesmen from the new EU member states. Our sourcing power makes us unique in our ability to provide quality, flexible and cost-effective workforce solutions to the construction industry.

Due to the enormous skills shortage in the UK labour market there has been a growing demand for high quality construction workers from the new EU member states. Since 2004 we have supplied over 1000 permanent tradesmen to UK construction companies and we currently supply in excess of 400 temporary workers to the industry each week.

Whether you need a bricklayer for a day or a complete multi-skilled team for a lengthy project we can supply the right men at the right time. We can either provide you with temporary workers from our existing UK based teams or source directly from Europe.

Our just-in-time approach helps you to plan and schedule projects effectively without any hassle, ensuring projects run smoothly and bottlenecks are avoided.
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Registered enough sites v8gaz.

Now DO SOME WORK!
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Do some work? That will be right!
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Working...
                  X