• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A bad week for moneygrubbers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bad week for moneygrubbers

It's been a bad week, maybe a bad month for rent seeking, subsidy slurping, Green wasters.

Since the election , the UK government has shown an unfettered ruthless streak. The chances of rolling blackouts in the UK are receding, although the SNP ambitions are still a problem, I can see a glimmer of reduced energy bills and energy security.

I did not vote tory, but this is definitely the right approach imho.

Today the Green Deal was scrapped. sanity at last
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    It's been a bad week, maybe a bad month for rent seeking, subsidy slurping, Green wasters.

Since the election , the UK government has shown an unfettered ruthless streak. The chances of rolling blackouts in the UK are receding, although the SNP ambitions are still a problem, I can see a glimmer of reduced energy bills and energy security.

I did not vote tory, but this is definitely the right approach imho.

RACIST!!!

Comment

penis face
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)

Comment

penis face
        SEXIST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          SEXIST!!!

Bubble butt
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

Bubble butt
            BATISTA!!!

Comment

Over 'ere son! On my 'ed, on me 'ed!

Comment

I didn't know the details, but the idea seemed good - what was bad about it other than it having the word "Green" in it?

My most vocally pro-Green, left-wing mate was also saying on FB that GD was bad, so it seems to have upset everybody!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Bubble butt
                  er, isn't "Bubble butt" good, like calling a guy "four pack chest!"

Lard butt or "Wobble butt" OTOH ..

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

The Green Deal was flawed and had to close, the take up rate was appalling, but the Tory tragedy is that they have nothing to replace it, just warm words about working with the construction industry. Maybe this is why they announced it on the first day of recess, so avoiding scrutiny.

But home insulation and more efficient boilers reduce bills, fuel poverty and excess winter deaths.

As to the other cuts, well, not exactly unexpected from Dave 'greenest Government ever' Cameron, the withdrawn subsidies would have been withdrawn soon anyway, they have to a large extent done their job in bringing down renewable costs. As for energy security, the less diverse our energy mix, the more reliant we are on a commodity whose wholesale price can rise 350% in three years ….
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X