• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big businesses should agree to renounce aggressive tax planning, says HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big businesses should agree to renounce aggressive tax planning, says HMRC

Or else they get Gauked...

"The government wants the UK’s largest businesses to sign a voluntary code of conduct on tax which would see them renounce aggressive tax planning and vow to follow the spirit as well as the letter of the law.

Big businesses would also be obliged to publish an annual tax strategy, signed off by a named executive at board level, under new rules proposed by HM Revenue and Customs.

“It is clear that attitudes to aggressive tax planning are changing,” said financial secretary David Gauke, in his introduction to a consultation document published on Wednesday. “The public, investors and stakeholders now expect higher standards of tax compliance and more transparency from large businesses about the way they approach taxation.”

Gauke said there were “still a small number of businesses which simply do not play by the rules – persistently engaging in tax avoidance or highly aggressive tax planning”.

Each company will have to articulate their appetite for risk in tax planning, and say whether they “seek to work in accordance with the spirit – in addition to the letter of the law”."

Source: Big businesses should agree to renounce aggressive tax planning, says HMRC | Business | The Guardian

AtW's comment -

Vetran wishes Elle MacPherson would find fat balding IT blokes with new sheds irresistible.

Or that Bacon butties weren't fattening!

I'll tell you when I'm impressing Elle with my beautiful instrument!

they really are fantasists.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      I'll tell you when I'm impressing Elle with my beautiful instrument!
      ELE

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event

You heard it on here first!!!

Comment

More like, they'll just tell hector to get stuffed and leave over time. Which is why it won't really happen.

Comment

And while we are at it, Turkeys should just come out in favour of 2 Christmases a year!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            And while we are at it, Turkeys should just come out in favour of 2 Christmases a year!!
            When it comes to big firms, the turkey is HMRC.

And then there are small firms...

Comment

they really are fantasists.
              Businesses sign up to voluntary codes all the time
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Is it me or is he paying homage to Dennis Healey's eyebrows?

(Ask your parents kids.)

qh
                He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Businesses sign up to voluntary codes all the time
                  its the idea that they will do anything about it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

its the idea that they will do anything about it.
                    If they don't follow ze code then they would be severely punished by ... being kicked out from that code!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X