• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wifi at Gatwick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wifi at Gatwick

You connect to the free wifi and it asks you to register. It then sends you an email to activate your account ... which I can't read because I don't have internet access...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Good iinit. It rather assumes that you a data connection. But then why would ld you be looking for 30 mins free wi fi if that were the case.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      You connect to the free wifi and it asks you to register. It then sends you an email to activate your account ... which I can't read because I don't have internet access...
      And you are posting how?

Comment

Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Give me your account details and I'll click the link for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Good iinit. It rather assumes that you a data connection. But then why would ld you be looking for 30 mins free wi fi if that were the case.
            Maybe because you have access on your phone but you don't want to use it much? You could get an email but you wouldn't want heavier usage. Not artificial, that is often my situation: roaming, so I can afford email but I can't afford maps, for example.

Edit: apologies if I'm trying to spoil a good rant.

Comment

It favours frequent flyers obviously. I've found 3G/4G to be pretty useless in crowded areas such as airports so I appreciate the 30-90 minutes they usually give away at airports.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                And you are posting how?
                I've returned to civilisation now.

With other free wifi, they first allow you email access to receive the email, and then when you activate the account, you get full access. I do have a mifi widget with a UK sim card, but that's not the point - it's just badly thought-out design.

Comment

Failed to even complete registration when I was there on Wednesday afternoon.....filled out form, hit 'Continue' or whatever, then......nothing!
                  Went back to my mobile data connection, sharing with the zillion other bods. Don't like Gatwick.......and have to go back on Tuesday
                  latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                    Failed to even complete registration when I was there on Wednesday ...
                    Not just me then!

Comment

Working...
                    X