• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spare money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spare money

Obviously this could go 1 of 2 ways and I'm looking for the more sensible option.

What do you guys do with the spare cash from contracting ? I'm considering buy to let as a long term investment.

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post
    Obviously this could go 1 of 2 ways and I'm looking for the more sensible option.

What do you guys do with the spare cash from contracting ? I'm considering buy to let as a long term investment.
    Wow! What a great idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of that and posted several threads about this already....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Wow! What a great idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of that and posted several threads about this already....
      Nobody else got spare money

Comment

Originally posted by eddie1507 View Post

Ask Margaret Hodge to recommend an off-shore tax efficient investment.

Comment

Pay off mortgage

Comment

Originally posted by Avalonia View Post
            Pay off mortgage
            And miss out on all this lovely low interest debt?

No, get a portfolio of buy-2-lets and become a BTL King with a BTL Empire!

Don't let generation X, Y or Z get their grubby little hands on those houses people!

Comment

I don't have any BTLs but think about it occasionally. Everyone I know with BTLs has horror stories about tenants. I'm sticking to ISAs for now.

Comment

Ok if we are being serious and you want to make real money

Sell everything, buy a but to let in an upcoming place in London £800k 2 bed flat, get someone In to cover as much mortgage as you can get away with

Wait 1 year sell for £1110k

Or buy so where tulipty and make a few grand a year at most

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                    Ok if we are being serious and you want to make real money

Sell everything, buy a but to let in an upcoming place in London £800k 2 bed flat, get someone In to cover as much mortgage as you can get away with

Wait 1 year sell for £1110k

Or buy so where tulipty and make a few grand a year at most
                    I guess a butt to let would be around King's Cross?

Comment

Working...
                    X