• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

robots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

robots

I just had an entire phone call with a woman at equinox about cancelling my subscription, and I'm not entirely sure she was actually a human being.

I wanted to ask her but thought it would sound rude if she was human.

Creepy.

The biggest hint apart from the tone was the way she pronounced my name. It sounded exactly like the old text 2 speech programs did back in the mid nineties.

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I just had an entire phone call with a woman at equinox about cancelling my subscription, and I'm not entirely sure she was actually a human being.

I wanted to ask her but thought it would sound rude if she was human.

Creepy.

The biggest hint apart from the tone was the way she pronounced my name. It sounded exactly like the old text 2 speech programs did back in the mid nineties.
    I always assume most pimps calling up are robots, with authentic sounding voice simulation - usually. "I've just read through your CV... so tell me, what are you doing at the moment"? It's near the very top of the page...

Had one guy call me from an insurance firm not too long ago who did legitimately sound robotic, though. I had to wonder. Bit like those "collect your mis-sold PPI refund" cold calls. The entire thing was so utterly scripted it might as well have been one.

Comment

*equifax. Think that was apple autocorrect.

Comment

LumenVox Text-to-Speech

Try the British voices.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
          Creepy.

Comment

It all seemed so innocent in the 70's...

We are responsible for this stuff sadly.

Comment

Working...
            X