• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Monday morning rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning rant

Do you ever find friends and family think what you do is "easy"? Does my chunk in.

OK, its better than minimum wage cleaning toilets but not easy. As most of us have experienced at some point, when its all going off for some reason or other, some clients make sure we earn our money to say the least. Also, with a possible long commute and long days as well.

This weekend. My Dad - whos 80 asks me to do something for him so I tell him I will when I get chance but if he doesnt mind waiting a few days. His answer, I was going to ask your brother (hes a welder BTW) but hes working long days so he'll be tired in the evenings but I know you're OK. WTF! (its often 12 hours for me with travelling).

Even my dear Mrs P is at it! Paid for a spa day for her yesterday but she came back and moaned she never gets time to herself and its ok for me going to work when she has to look after the kids. (Yeh I love dealing with nobheads for 8 hours a day at client site - and then a relaxing 90 min journey home!).

And then Saturday bumped into a mate I hadnt seen for a bit. Talking about work etc. So you fix computers then? My mouse is playing up what do you reckon? AaaaaRRRRRRRRRRRRRggggggggggggggHHHHHHHHH!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Next you will be whining like a bitch about how much a luxury detached house costs.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        He lives in Wales.
        Correct Zeity. One think I can't whine about

FYI - 4 bed detached cost me £110,000 15 years ago. Bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          Aw see Halos giving me a cwch....

Comment

Its the way of things, we also got lucky getting here. Pretty sure staying into the evening in college and working other nights to revise wasn't easy, or the all nighters and stress I had getting here.

If Mrs V complains I just ask how her solitaire score is.

As you say I always remember its a lot easier than cleaning toilets then smile.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Next you will be whining like a bitch about how much a luxury detached house costs.
              Way way too much! [emoji33]
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Its the way of things, we also got lucky getting here. Pretty sure staying into the evening in college and working other nights to revise wasn't easy, or the all nighters and stress I had getting here.

If Mrs V complains I just ask how her solitaire score is.

As you say I always remember its a lot easier than cleaning toilets then smile.
                Bollacks mun. I hate being told I'm lucky.

I was brought up on a tulipe hole council estate in a craphole Valleys town and went to a tulipe school. Yeh I wasn't born stupid and was lucky enough to have a old fella who wanted me to do better than he did.

Got mates who dossed in school, then stayed home got crap jobs while I went to college and was skint for years and years. Now Im lucky because they're still in their crap jobs and Im coining it.....

I've got a real thing about college etc. Yeh ok with student loans its not like in my when you got a student grant BUT there are very few people too stupid to go to college if they really want to put the effort in.

And don't give me that crap about being from a deprived area where there are no jobs etc. Get on the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  Way way too much! [emoji33]
                  Croeso i Gymru Purple!

(Apologies to the proper Welsh speakers if its not 100% correct - especially the mutations).

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Aw see Halos giving me a cwch....
                    Google translate says that is a boat??

You were lucky I had to get the "be nice to someone on a Monday morning" thing out of the way, as I have meetings with a dodgy contractor who is going to be most upset that I actually know the contract & will quote clauses at them, so no they won't get any money & they may well be getting a contra-charge from me due to their terrible performance & delays that cost the project & other contractors time / money so will they please now go forth & multiply & stop waiting my time ....... (and breathe)
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X