• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pringles Cantenna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pringles Cantenna

Being a sad sod, & having investigated the Pringles Cantenna obsessively over the last week, I bought a can of Pringles Tortilla flavour.

The damn things are addictive. How can something with no possible nutritional value be so moreish?

The object of the exercise was to determine whether or not the coating inside the Pringles can is conductive.

If it's conductive, the cantenna works as a waveguide, if it's not, then it works a different way.

Of course, it's not conductive, so I wasted £1.24 & got slightly fatter just to find out.

In other news, the inside of a Bird's Custard "tin" is conductive, and is a much better match with a diameter of 92mm to the wavelenth of 2.4GHz.

Experiments continue.

Did you eat a whole tin of Bird's Custard?

Comment

try experimenting with pot noodle pots, and baked bean tins. I always reckoned there was a weapon of mass destruction lurking there
      maybe if you throw in a vacuum cleaner tube into the mix
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        try experimenting with pot noodle pots, and baked bean tins. I always reckoned there was a weapon of mass destruction lurking there
        maybe if you throw in a vacuum cleaner tube into the mix
        And some man sized tissues and perhaps an old copy of Razzle.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Yes.

But not all at once.

Or I'd have ended up with turds the colour of daffodils.
          Paint cans also come in lots of different sizes. They'd do the job I bet.

It's worth mentioning that you shouldn't eat those all at once either, for the very same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Being a sad sod, & having investigated the Pringles Cantenna obsessively over the last week, I bought a can of Pringles Tortilla flavour.

The damn things are addictive. How can something with no possible nutritional value be so moreish?

The object of the exercise was to determine whether or not the coating inside the Pringles can is conductive.

If it's conductive, the cantenna works as a waveguide, if it's not, then it works a different way.

Of course, it's not conductive, so I wasted £1.24 & got slightly fatter just to find out.

In other news, the inside of a Bird's Custard "tin" is conductive, and is a much better match with a diameter of 92mm to the wavelenth of 2.4GHz.

Experiments continue.
            Ingredients:

Degerminated Yellow Corn Flour, Vegetable Oil (Contains One Or More of The Following: Corn Oil, Cottonseed Oil, Soybean Oil, And/Or Sunflower Oil), Corn Masa, Maltodextrin, Dried Black Bean, Sugar, Contains 2% Or Less of Mono-And Diglycerides, Salt, Whey, Buttermilk, Monosodium Glutamate, Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes), Romano Cheese (Milk, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes), Parmesan Cheese (Milk, Salt, Cultures, Enzymes), Baking Soda, Natural Flavors, Coconut Oil, Tomato Powder, Onion Powder, Whey Protein Concentrate, Dextrose, Garlic Powder, Lactose, Cream, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Calcium Chloride, Spices, Dehydrated Green And Red Bell Peppers, Sodium Phosphate, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Annatto Extract (Color), Yellow 6 Lake, Paprika Extract, Yellow 5 Lake, Sodium Caseinate, Red 40 Lake, Torula Yeast, Wheat Starch. Contains Wheat And Milk Ingredients.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Experiments continue.
              Maybe you could go a stage further, and use metallic spray-painted pringles themselves as mini antennae.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Coconut Oil is a superfood now so you will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I consumed the remainder this evening whilst watching that Swedish mystery thingie Jordwotsit off ITV Encore.
                  Eat more! It'll be Christmas before you know it....

Comment

Working...
                  X