• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm - Hmmm How much tax?????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perm - Hmmm How much tax?????

Never generally consider perm but a good one has come up VERY close to home. 60K plus benefits.... Ran it through PAYE calculator.

ONLY £3500 take home a month - bit disappointing. Lots of Tax/NI.

Not even sure if my lifestyle can take this drop.... Pity it was good as well.

Then again we might all be in this position after April.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

What about matched pension contributions, private health, company car, paid holidays?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Not uncommon to have a bonus at certain levels as well.....and take a long stint on the bench off your current income as well.. yadda yadda

But still, you have to remember this is the norm and we are lucky. A lot of these posts about not going back perm for more than £120k etc forget all this. Won't be as attractive in a few years time either so never take it for granted. It's gonna hurt in future years if you do. 60k puts you in the top 5% of earners in the UK so it's not to be poo pooed. It doesn't help that your wife doesn't work either so you are only talking about your personal income..

Just another pointless moan about your life really then. Off to General with you....
      Last edited by northernladuk; 27 July 2015, 10:39.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        What about matched pension contributions, private health, company car, paid holidays?
        and don't forget share options...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

...and performance reviews.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

+ it sounds like less travel time, cheaper commute, less time away from home

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
              + it sounds like less travel time, cheaper commute, less time away from home
              Yep, that has to go into the mix as well.

Comment

Training and opportunity for career advancement......
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Duvet days? Stress Breaks? you would probably need more as a permie...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Never generally consider perm but a good one has come up VERY close to home. 60K plus benefits.... Ran it through PAYE calculator.

ONLY £3500 take home a month - bit disappointing. Lots of Tax/NI.

Not even sure if my lifestyle can take this drop.... Pity it was good as well.

Then again we might all be in this position after April.....
                    £3500 take home a month is 70% of gross. That is pretty good, even before the benefits/pension etc are taken into account.

Comment

Working...
                    X