• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents excuse #57

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agents excuse #57

A role was put live on jobswerve late on Friday afternoon. It was, ahem, right up my alley. So I applied. Knowing it is an extremely niche skill it wasn't beyond the bounds of smugness to expect a call about it.

So I waited. And waited.

Today I waited. Waited.

Just called them now, more in an air of intrigue.

"Oh the hiring manager called this morning and told us to put the role on hold as he is going on holiday for 2 weeks".

Plausible?

Friday at 4pm seems a funny time to launch a job ad, unless it was mega urgent.

Thoughts?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Last week an agent asked me how things were going at "VWDan Consulting" and who my manager was. When I explained that mas my company he asked if I was hiring.

They're full of tulip - I don't waste any time worrying about it.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      "Oh the hiring manager called this morning and told us to put the role on hold as he is going on holiday for 2 weeks".

Plausible?
      It's end of July, what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's end of July, what do you think?

Ah yes, but what kind of numpty calls an agent on Friday and says "Hi, can you please bang this one up on jobserve?" and then calls the following Monday to tell them to put the role on hold as they accidentally forgot their 2 week holiday?

Comment

I'd have said exactly the same thing if I received a CV from a certain Charlie BS.

Comment

Ah yes, but what kind of numpty calls an agent on Friday and says "Hi, can you please bang this one up on jobserve?" and then calls the following Monday to tell them to put the role on hold as they accidentally forgot their 2 week holiday?
            What kind of numpty is looking for job in summer?

Oh wait, it's you!!!

Comment

Oh wait, it's you!!!
              It's called jobserve alerts.

HTH

Comment

It's called jobserve alerts.

HTH
                It's called - get new much better contract whilst being in a good contract.

You really are not cut out for this contracting malarkey?

Comment

Me. I certainly stay around here to work in the winter.

Comment

It's called - get new much better contract whilst being in a good contract.

You really are not cut out for this contracting malarkey?
                    You would really flounce off from one gig to another? That's how you get a reputation.

Stay until the job is done, get a good reference and look for the next gig.

Comment

Working...
                    X