• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How touching...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How touching...

Minnesota dentist’s office becomes makeshift memorial for Cecil the lion; Updated with sign | Twitchy

The guy also shot a white rhino ffs!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
    Perhaps we can create a dodo using Jurassic Park techniques and he can shoot that as well.

Comment

It would be a shame if someone in America got upset and shot the fooker wouldn't it?

I know I would be very sad at someone taking him as a trophy....

PS From my experience all dentists appear to be utter winkers.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        It would be a shame if someone in America got upset and shot the fooker wouldn't it?

I know I would be very sad at someone taking him as a trophy....

PS From my experience all dentists appear to be utter winkers.
        I hope his business fails due his customers going somewhere else.

There is no place for big game hunting in 2015.
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          Perhaps we can create a dodo using Jurassic Park techniques and he can shoot that as well.
          Google "steven spielberg hunting"
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I don’t condone hunting for sport, but a small part of me feels for this guy as he believes he broke no laws, (assuming that he did not know the tactics used by the guides)

If all the energy directed towards him was instead turned to pressure on the authorities to change / abolish the sale of licenses would that not better protect the animals?
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              I don’t condone hunting for sport, but a small part of me feels for this guy as he believes he broke no laws, (assuming that he did not know the tactics used by the guides)

If all the energy directed towards him was instead turned to pressure on the authorities to change / abolish the sale of licenses would that not better protect the animals?
              Naming and shaming has the same effect.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I dont think it would.

The authorities sell licenses becasue the demand is there. If they withdraw licenses then hunting would simply drop off the radar and result in more illegal hunts / poaching. The license fees also contribute a lot to the running of game reserves and anti-poaching operations.

Remove the demand and there would be no need for licenses.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  I dont think it would.

The authorities sell licenses becasue the demand is there. If they withdraw licenses then hunting would simply drop off the radar and result in more illegal hunts / poaching. The license fees also contribute a lot to the running of game reserves and anti-poaching operations.

Remove the demand and there would be no need for licenses.
                  so either way the money would dry up.

If they stopped hunting and issued photography only licenses any idiot in the park with a weapon becomes fair game.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Because something may be legal, it does not make it right. Slavery was legal but most people knew it was wrong. Wife beating is legal in some countries. FGM is legal in most countries and kids are taken out the UK to have it done; is that OK too?
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X