• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those pragmatic Germans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those pragmatic Germans

Ladies-only parking spaces introduced at Frankfurt airport | Daily Mail Online

Ladies-only parking spaces introduced at Frankfurt airport that are ‘bigger, nicer and close to the terminals’ spark sexism row in Germany
    Airport chiefs in Frankfurt have painted parking pink especially for women
    The 'sexist spaces' are bigger than normal to make it easier to park a car
    Frankfurt Airport offers women 'early bird online rates' for cheaper parking
    The pink spaces are also nearer the terminal building than regular spots
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

What were they thinking...

Comment

Sexist barstewards

Comment

It appears to work.

Comment

Many places in Germany have had women-only parking spaces for years. They are supposedly for safety, and are nearer the exit. I'd guess that Frankfurt airport converted some disabled spaces and that's why they are larger.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Would be more impressed if she also had my nuts in her hands - roasted preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Would be more impressed if she also had my nuts in her hands - roasted preferably.
                The Germans have quite a history of roasting.
                I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  Many places in Germany have had women-only parking spaces for years. They are supposedly for safety, and are nearer the exit. I'd guess that Frankfurt airport converted some disabled spaces and that's why they are larger.
                  But while it was "Frauen" the Daily Wail click bait producers couldn't understand it. Where the airport made the mistake was in writing it in English.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm all in favour of being nice to the fairer sex, but not this. Being a woman is not a disability.

Comment

Working...
                    X