• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any one have BT TV, any cop?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one have BT TV, any cop?

New house means new TV & Broadband package, always gone down the route Sky for TV, BT for t'interweb, but looking for an all in one package, don't use any of the premium movies and sports, and BT comes in a little bit cheaper.

When BT vision first came out it was dire, has it got any better theses days?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    New house means new TV & Broadband package, always gone down the route Sky for TV, BT for t'interweb, but looking for an all in one package, don't use any of the premium movies and sports, and BT comes in a little bit cheaper.

When BT vision first came out it was dire, has it got any better theses days?
    Virgin BB is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      Virgin BB is second to none.
      Virgin is not an option

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Virgin is not an option
        Aah Shame, I see that sky are offering 12 months free Fibre BB in their attempt to stem the subscriber churn after losing so much football to BT, Have a mate who has BT broadband and is pretty happy with it.

Comment

Get Sky.

Comment

You actually found somewhere then???

Won't be anything between sky and BT really speed and quality wise on the broadband front. Its all openreach until you get to the interconnects...

BT will provide a lot of football (it seems they now have every european league including Spain as well as champions league) but Sky has more channels you probably won't watch...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Only thing doubting me in the BT is how good the TV is, I know they use youview boxes and if NickFitz didn't screw up the software it should be ok, just curious as I assume if BB goes down TV will go down too

Comment

BT been great for me for BB, Virgin (at three different place) utter pants.

Comment

Only thing doubting me in the BT is how good the TV is, I know they use youview boxes and if NickFitz didn't screw up the software it should be ok, just curious as I assume if BB goes down TV will go down too
                  With no internet you would have access to freeview channels and anything you had recorded (based on the BT vision box under my telly)... We have virgin it was just the cheapest youview box on ebay when I wanted one...
                  Last edited by eek; 1 August 2015, 20:47.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    BT been great for me for BB, Virgin (at three different place) utter pants.
                    Virgin's performance depends heavily on location - whether it's NTLhell part of it, or old Telewest - also depends on how oversubscribed UBR is, if you happen to be near studenty type area then you may find that upstream is heavily used by torrents

Comment

Working...
                    X