• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Cyclists

‘I’ve got severe road rage’: Motorists vent their fury as main roads are closed for the annual Ride London cycling event causing travel chaos across the capital  | Daily Mail Online

I got stuck in this, drive down a road to find out that it was closed right at the end and bugger all diversion signs. Ended up going all the way out to Uxbridge to get to Folkstone!
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Shoot 'em. I loathe cyclists. Actually, I loathe everybody but cyclists especially.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      ‘I’ve got severe road rage’: Motorists vent their fury as main roads are closed for the annual Ride London cycling event causing travel chaos across the capitalÂ* | Daily Mail Online

I got stuck in this, drive down a road to find out that it was closed right at the end and bugger all diversion signs. Ended up going all the way out to Uxbridge to get to Folkstone!
      No need to get road rage.

Just be aware that for the 1st Sunday in August to avoid driving in London.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Three years I've tried to get a place in this and failed.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Shoot 'em. I loathe cyclists. Actually, I loathe everybody but cyclists especially.
          Awww, IIRC you sponsored me for a bike ride!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            No need to get road rage.

Just be aware that for the 1st Sunday in August to avoid driving in London.
            Bit late now. My tunnel crossing was at 13:50 and I was a bit concerned with Operation Stack going on as on the way up the M20 was a 30 mile lorry jam but there was nothing on the way down, even managed to get an earlier one. We thought we would drive through London as there's no congestion charge at the weekend, bad idea. Saw the Hoover factory though
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Bit late now. My tunnel crossing was at 13:50 and I was a bit concerned with Operation Stack going on as on the way up the M20 was a 30 mile lorry jam but there was nothing on the way down, even managed to get an earlier one. We thought we would drive through London as there's no congestion charge at the weekend, bad idea. Saw the Hoover factory though
              It's been publicised around London and Surrey for a month due to the road congestion it caused in the first two years.

It causes me a ******* lot of problems.

I have to fight amongst bikes to get anywhere on Saturday as there are "special" events going on, then on Sunday I can't go anywhere by road.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Awww, IIRC you sponsored me for a bike ride!
                True, but seem to recall I warned you to keep well clear of an old git in a white van.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The pro race went past our front door - up a hill in Surrey. Thankfully it meant there weren't the usual 100s of cyclists going past out of control - only 25.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    It's been publicised around London and Surrey for a month due to the road congestion it caused in the first two years.
                    But little thought is given to folks from outside that area.

I experienced the same thing in the late 90s with a replacement bus service for Leeds bound trains out of Manchester. If I'd known about it prior to buying a train ticket at Manchester Airport I would have taken a taxi or a bus from there, but no, I had to find out once I'd arrived at Manchester station.

When I mentioned that a notice at the airport might have been helpful, I was told by a jobsworth that the disruption had been announced in all the local papers and on local TV for weeks in advance so I should have known.

No thought for tourists from abroad.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X