• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Partners who work?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partners who work?

How many of you male or female have got partners who work? Kids or not?

My mrs works part-time at the mo because we've got kids. Fair enough. Her income is small compared to my contracting income but still it all helps.

Her latest "plan" - when the kids are older I think I'll stay part time. I could do with time to myself after looking after the kids. FFS - as if I love travelling miles to work/staying away all week - I'll just go to work and you spend it darling!!!!

Anyone else get this?

Nope. She never mentions it when she's at mine. HTH.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulinefowlersgrowler View Post
      How many of you male or female have got partners who work? Kids or not?

My mrs works part-time at the mo because we've got kids. Fair enough. Her income is small compared to my contracting income but still it all helps.

Her latest "plan" - when the kids are older I think I'll stay part time. I could do with time to myself after looking after the kids. FFS - as if I love travelling miles to work/staying away all week - I'll just go to work and you spend it darling!!!!

Anyone else get this?
      If you are that hard up I will start to tip her more, her prices are low to start off with so don't mind bunging her a couple of quid more, I am sure as its charity I can claim it back on my SA
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Does it do your chunk in?

Comment

Any money I earn is for the benefit of my immediate family. Since I have plenty to spend on myself, I see no reason to resent supporting them.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No kids, we both work, but at the point that we have paid the mortgage off I am happy for Mr BGG to go part time: even unpaid voluntary part time (just to get him out of the house a couple of time a week.)
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

works full time with 3 kids eldest is 6

thankfully she can WFH

Comment

Mr L is full time with long commute. I can earn the same as him with just 6 months contracting :-)

Comment

No kids, one dog. No pension worth talking about.
                  Wife works 4 days a week (quite a stressful job).

Current plans:
                  1. Pay off mortgage
                  2. Start saving for old age
                  3. Reduce the amount of work we both do (I'd be happy with working from home)
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Does it do your chunk in?

Comment

Working...
                    X