• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruiter with surname Tulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contacted me today and it made me laugh out loud, almost spit out my coffee.
    Was perm job anyway

Comment

Mathematically speaking its quite likely.

Take 85 people at random who went to primary school in the UK. There are 5000 to choose from. 50% chance that 2 of those 85 will have been to same primary.

Comment

A perm job you say? Could it possibly be 'exciting' and 'unmissable'?

I know you're a contractor, and your CV is a contractor CV, and your job history is contracts, and your linkedin status says you're in a contract, and your linkedin status also says you're available for new contracts from October, and I know you've put your LTD into your linkedin profile, but I have the most exciting opportunity paying up to 30k for the right candidate, as a javascript and css front end developer in a car park just outside wotton-under-edge. Does that sound of interest to you?

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Decorated-Mo.../dp/B001D50IPS

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Mathematically speaking its quite likely.

Take 85 people at random who went to primary school in the UK. There are 5000 to choose from. 50% chance that 2 of those 85 will have been to same primary.
            fun fact but doesn't really apply to the chance of someone having a certain surname , so "mathematically" it's irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

I know you're a contractor, and your CV is a contractor CV, and your job history is contracts, and your linkedin status says you're in a contract, and your linkedin status also says you're available for new contracts from October, and I know you've put your LTD into your linkedin profile, but I have the most exciting opportunity paying up to 30k for the right candidate, as a javascript and css front end developer in a car park just outside wotton-under-edge. Does that sound of interest to you?

Paying up to £30K means pays £20K.

Yes, we are awash with the "exciting and unmissable opportunities" to earn the same as a trainee painter and decorator whilst sitting in a Bob filled portacabin in a car park in Luton for 11 hours a day.

Comment

My first house was in Tulip Court - I believe it was the name of the builder.
                Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

It takes every fiber of my being to not blurt out "**** no" when an agent asks this on the phone.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    It takes every fiber of my being to not blurt out "**** no" when an agent asks this on the phone.
                    "Ok, thanks, do you know anyone else who might be interested..."

Nnnnnggghhhhhooooo!
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                    X