• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tube Strike

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tube Strike

Once again the TFL unions are holding London to ransom.
    Fortunately I'll be working form home with a bacon butty in my pyjamas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHu_cfy33bY

So glad I'm not contracting in London at the moment it's always chaos when there's a tube strike.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post

Why do you keep a bacon butty in your pyjamas? Some kind of weird pork fetish?
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post

Booked a hotel for tonight as soon as the strike was announced (£85) and will then walk to the main line station tomorrow....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The left are a bunch of idealists with no grasp of reality who pretend to "care" about the less fortunate in society. This "caring" mentality is a shroud that hides deep seated envy and a desire to control others. Because the ideology fails to stand up to scrutiny lefties get hysterical and end up patronising those they wish to "represent"

They would be no good in power and most of them know it. This would be the best they could achieve if ever they ran a government Venezuela
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sat in London in a meeting that isn't expected to finish before 5. Chuffin great.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Sat in London in a meeting that isn't expected to finish before 5. Chuffin great.
              Could be worse -meeting could have need in Manchester or Leeds
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I think you might need to visit to the gents around 4pm

Comment

Smash the union, outsource the work to a private company. We could have drivers in India driving them with "drive-by-wire" technology.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Smash the union, outsource the work to a private company. We could have drivers in India driving them with "drive-by-wire" technology.
                    Why do we need anyone to drive a train? I could knock up something in 10 minutes in Visual Basic to do the same job.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X