• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scientists playing сod part 1287

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scientists playing сod part 1287

Cod-science masquerading as the real thing?

"If there is one constant in the business world it is the regularity with which management fads appear. These have arrived at the rate of roughly one a year for the half century.

A couple of years ago someone kindly sent me a slide showing fads by year since 1960 – x-axis providing the timeline and the y-axis the degree of hype. Sadly in a fit of tidying I deleted the email without saving the attachment and attempts to find it again (Google searches, help requests on Linked-In forums, etc.) have yielded nothing, so I cannot share it with you. But fortunately the key conclusion I came to from scrutinizing it closely has not been lost in the mists of memory. This was that the fads in this slide could be split into three categories.

Firstly there were those that were now an integral part of business mindsets – the concept of competitive advantage being perhaps the most obvious, but also core competencies and even perhaps management by objectives. Calling them fads was probably a little harsh."

Cod-science masquerading as the real thing?

FFS stop it already!!!

Working...
X