• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Waiver When Returning To Same Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Waiver When Returning To Same Company

Hello,

I'm just coming to the end of a contract with a bank in Leeds. As part of my contract with the agency, they stipulate that I can't return to the same company with another agency for 6 months after I finish. However the bank is a major employer in the area and there are many contracts with them through other agencies.

The agency have told me I will need a waiver, but there are not very forthcoming in providing this when other agencies have approached them attempting to represent me back at the same bank.

Has anyone else experienced this, and how easy is it to get a waiver? Is it easier once you have left the place you work?

Thanks

It's known as a handcuff clause. Lots of discussion on here if you search for it.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=si...AqOc7gbi4oiADA

Hint:The site search function is pants, use google as in the example above.

Fundamentally, unless they can show a loss they would struggle to enforce it. Essentially, if they dont have the role you are applying for and another agency does then there is not a lot they can do. They could never have represented you for it so there is no loss to be realised thorugh you getting the role via another agent.

Once you have actually finished the current gig there is very little they can do in reality.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
    X