• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car quandry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car quandry

With the fuzz seemingly getting tighter on speeding (not because it's a handy cash-cow for them, honest), is it time to trade in the two-seater for something more sedate and luxurious? That's without half the motorways up north a constant 50 zone with roadworks and smart motorway upgrades.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Why not just use the right hand one of these a little less?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yep, I've owned a few two seater sporty cars, and they make no sense whatsoever now with:

Third world road surfaces
      Speeding is worse that child murder mentality
      Cashcow of speed tax
      Gridlock everywhere 24/7
      Crazy immigrant drivers that clearly can't drive ready to wipe you out

So given the above, a softroader (4 wheel drive to cope with the road surfaces and the snow/ice that doesn't exist anymore due to global warming ), air suspension, big heated leather, entertainment system is what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Yep, I've owned a few two seater sporty cars, and they make no sense whatsoever now with:

Third world road surfaces
        Speeding is worse that child murder mentality
        Cashcow of speed tax
        Gridlock everywhere 24/7
        Crazy immigrant drivers that clearly can't drive ready to wipe you out

So given the above, a softroader (4 wheel drive to cope with the road surfaces and the snow/ice that doesn't exist anymore due to global warming ), air suspension, big heated leather, entertainment system is what you are looking for.
        Thinking Jag but might get a 4x4 to upset my neighbour who hates them with a passion
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Thinking Jag but might get a 4x4 to upset my neighbour who hates them with a passion
          Jag 4x4 then win/win, think they have some Chelsea tractor in the works too.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Jag 4x4 then win/win, think they have some Chelsea tractor in the works too.
            Blimey, can't see the budget stretching to a brand new Jag. Looking at Merc ML or Lexus RX as possibilities.

Comment

adaptive cruise control - that is all

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Why not just use the right hand one of these a little less?

Never had a Porsche then?

Or proper shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    With the fuzz seemingly getting tighter on speeding (not because it's a handy cash-cow for them, honest), is it time to trade in the two-seater for something more sedate and luxurious? That's without half the motorways up north a constant 50 zone with roadworks and smart motorway upgrades.
                    What you got? I'm looking for a second hand porsche cayman <25k.

I am, honest, I was waiting for someone to mention cars just to say I'm going to buy a porsche. Obviously, some twat will turn up now and say you are not a proper contractor if it's second-hand, bastard.

Comment

Working...
                    X