• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Laundry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Laundry

Are you a hosepipe on a Sunday afternoon type or do visit the local Eastern Europeans?

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
    Are you a hosepipe on a Sunday afternoon type or do visit the local Eastern Europeans?
    Viz top tip: When washing your car at home, use wire wool instead of a sponge. That way none of your neighbours will shout "you can do mine next".
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Eastern Europeans all the way. Can't go wrong with a tenner

Comment

Is there a Pole for this?

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
        Eastern Europeans all the way. Can't go wrong for a fiver
        FTFY

They have one tub to wash the dirty super size multi fibre thingy, then lather up in a clean soapy one. That way there's no dirty water going into the clean. Plus leave the car there and go shopping, come back and it's all done. Better than Tesco's car washers & £1 pound cheaper. I used to go to one near work, they had a loyalty card, so the 5th was free.
        Last edited by anonymouse; 6 August 2015, 11:15.

Comment

If you're being poncy about it you should get a micro-fibre multi layer hand made by virgins lambs wool mitt.

Sponges ruin your paint.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I do mine in the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Didn't know Indesit made them that big!
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Hose pipe ?

Bucket of water, sponge. That is all. Meguiars shampoo if I'm feeling generous.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  WHS. It's fun to sit there while all those rubber thingies roll over the car

As long as you remember to retract the aerial, close all the windows, and not have a nervous pet in the car. ..

(all of which at one time or another I haven't remembered! )
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Local chap who isn't eastern European. Costs £10 but I'd rather support him than those damn lazy immigrants who wash cars down the road and charge £5

Comment

Working...
                    X