• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hot, but cool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot, but cool

Its currently hovering around the 36-37 degrees mark here and things are getting a bit sweaty. Now normally we have a tea lady who comes around twice a day, mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and you can grab a cuppa and a bun but the last coule of weeks this has changed. The morning tea round is till on but now the afternoon, instead of pushing a trolley she is riding a 3 wheeled bicycle of which the front section is an icebox containing ice cream. So instead of a warm cuppa, everyone is having ice creams, rather a good idea I think
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Very different gravy here in Bradford.

I have observed many people coming to make an afternoon of it - towels and changes of clothes included. I even saw one of those beach/fishing tent thingies last week. Rumour has it there was a gentleman relaxing on a lilo last year, complete with beer from the adjacent Weatherspoons.

A discrete ice cream service would be much preferable.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      So instead of a warm cuppa, everyone is having ice creams, rather a good idea I think
      Snag is ice cream and loillies are so riddled with sugar, you end up twice as hot ten minutes after finishing them, like shovelling more coal into a bioler
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
      X