• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody Agents

Got a call from an agent this avo. Was busy so told him to pop me a mail with details in. I'm not really looking for anything right now so not really fussed. Got the mail from the agent and it contained this comedy line:

I give my consent for DGH Recruitment to represent me for the role of Test Manager working for ******* and please accept this as confirmation that I am opting out of the EAA regulations**

** EAA Regs (EEA) were designed to give more protection to anyone using the services of a recruitment agency and opting out enables people to operate as a Limited Company.

LOL.....as in real LOL...

Dodgy, is this you by any chance ??
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Got a call from an agent this avo. Was busy so told him to pop me a mail with details in. I'm not really looking for anything right now so not really fussed. Got the mail from the agent and it contained this comedy line:

I give my consent for DGH Recruitment to represent me for the role of Test Manager working for ******* and please accept this as confirmation that I am opting out of the EAA regulations**

** EAA Regs (EEA) were designed to give more protection to anyone using the services of a recruitment agency and opting out enables people to operate as a Limited Company.

His one probably contains something more like Sell Your Soul, Sell Your Soul To Satan. Sell My Soul.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Is EAA different to the usual recruiter regs?
        Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Obviously if you're a temporary employee operating within IR35 you should be covered by the regulations.

If you are working through your Ltd though outside IR35 you shouldn't need or rely on the regulations particularly when they effectively shove you inside IR35.

Contractors opting out of the Conduct of Employment Regulations: where do they stand?

The wording of the regulations is such that the work seekers (or contractors) are presumed to be under the control of the hirer (or client), which leaves contractors wide open to being found to be working within IR35.
          In my view opting out should be what you should do, and sort all the conditions you want in your contract, particularly as the government is clamping down.

By opting in you're saying "I'm a temporary employee under the control and direction of my employer client".
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
          X