• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home - Phone Set-up Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home - Phone Set-up Recommendations

I work from home most days and having trouble with mobile signal since moving home. Finally sorting out my landline connection I thought I'll get a decent handset/headphone combo to ensure that I never had to worry about people telling me they can't hear me.

I brought Gigaset c620a which is a very nice handset but trouble is that the earphone volume is too low even at its highest setting - so I'll need to return this, any recommendations from anyone on a decent DECT phone (and headphone) - I don't want to buy another one just to send it back.

Do people still use phones?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Indeed. I haven't had a landline for years and years. I use a thing called the Internet using fibre optic.

Comment

Originally posted by Nirajn123 View Post
        I work from home most days and having trouble with mobile signal since moving home. Finally sorting out my landline connection I thought I'll get a decent handset/headphone combo to ensure that I never had to worry about people telling me they can't hear me.

I brought Gigaset c620a which is a very nice handset but trouble is that the earphone volume is too low even at its highest setting - so I'll need to return this, any recommendations from anyone on a decent DECT phone (and headphone) - I don't want to buy another one just to send it back.
        Have you tried shouting?

Comment

You might want to ask the same question in technical.

Comment

Patchy phone coverage is one the perks of WFH
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I do use Skype but there are days when it lets me down. I hate it when I have to repeat myself. I also have Fiber broadband with Virgin - 150MB no less - but use powerline extender as I don't get decent signal in my home office.

Any thoughts on decent VoIP alternative?

Comment

My mobile phone uses wifi if it can't get a decent signal. Otherwise, the line only gets used for broadband.

Comment

I work from home most days and having trouble with mobile signal since moving home.
                  Hi

Looks like you are a IT contractor and probably renting a home, and working from home.

Sorry to detour this thread a little bit for my questions... I was just wondering if you ever had any issues with VAT authorities or your landlord with regards to having business from home (i.e. your "Trading address" - not Registered office address" is deemed to be your home (rented / mortgaged))

If you look at my thread, you will know the reason why i ask this.

But simply put, did your landlord or your mortgage provider object to you doing IT contracting (business) and having VAT registered to your home address?

Thanks.

Comment

... use powerline extender as I don't get decent signal in my home office.

Any thoughts on decent VoIP alternative?

Well, the solution is to get a better signal in the office as a start. VoIP will be similar to Skype if you're running it over the electric.
                    Buy a run of RJ-45 and then stick an old router in your office. Reconfigure it to be a repeater.
                    With better network connections, you'll have a better signal for VoIP.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X