• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solar PV and thermal systems feedback

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar PV and thermal systems feedback

Anyone had a solar pv (electricity) system installed.

Recommended? Cost? FI Tariff received? General cost savings?
    Thinking of installing on our new place when we get in.

Also considering Solar thermal system too if anyone has any experience of this I'd be interested to hear your opinions.

Thanks
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

It's on my todo list after the extension to the south wing is completed.

I believe you can get PV and thermal combined units now. The idea being the cold water fed into the units cools the PV panels which makes them more efficient and you get warm/hot water out which is fed into you gas/oil central heating boiler so it only has to heat warm water rather than cold.

Comment

Next door has both but I'm not sure if they're combined. The thermal one just pre-heats water in the storage tank so on hot days they don't need to heat the water at all, on cold days it raises it from freezing to just cold.

My mum has just had a heat-exchange air heating (and dehumidifying) system fitted which apparently is quite efficient.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
      X