• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OMG… Greenland’s ice sheets are melting fast

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG… Greenland’s ice sheets are melting fast

OMG

An urgent attempt to study the rate at which Greenland’s mighty ice sheets are melting has been launched by Nasa. The aim of the six-year project, called Oceans Melting Greenland (OMG), is to blah blah blah.

How long would a non urgent attempt take?

The non-urgent method would be the Leisurely Monitoring Arctic Oceans (LMAO) and would take as long as the contractors can stand around having fag breaks while one of them occasionally pokes the ice with a wooden stick.
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      OMG

An urgent attempt to study the rate at which Greenland’s mighty ice sheets are melting has been launched by Nasa. The aim of the six-year project, called Oceans Melting Greenland (OMG), is to blah blah blah.

How long would a non urgent attempt take?
      No need. Arctic ice is up. We've been told repeatedly.
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Thermonuclear winter should fix it nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post

Of course it's up. Look on a map. The Arctic is up. The ice in the Arctic is up in the same place on the map as the Arctic.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work that one out.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Of course it's up. Look on a map. The Arctic is up. The ice in the Arctic is up in the same place on the map as the Arctic.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to work that one out.
            Ah, but the same unimpeachable source also informs us that Antarctic ice is up. Explain that one, Einstein. Do we turn the Atlas upside down?
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

As long as there is enough for my G+T, then all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                The non-urgent method would be the Leisurely Monitoring Arctic Oceans (LMAO) and would take as long as the contractors can stand around having fag breaks while one of them occasionally poke the ice with a wooden stick.
                I tried that with both my ex-wives. Always seemed to lead to divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I tried that with both my ex-wives. Always seemed to lead to divorce.
                  Why didn't you get a prenup? Much cheaper than very expensive divorce, and if she really does not love you then it would save you money on wedding too...

Comment

Ah, but the same unimpeachable source also informs us that Antarctic ice is up. Explain that one, Einstein. Do we turn the Atlas upside down?

I think you are confusing two different articles published recently.

One stated that global ice was not decreasing as fast as previously thought, and the other stated that Antarctic sea ice area was larger than normal.
                    Both articles actually agreed that the increase in area of the Antarctic was considerably less than the decrease in the Arctic.

As for Gin, we should be OK for a few years to come.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X