• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

War criminal Bliar -Labour faces 'annihilation'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War criminal Bliar -Labour faces 'annihilation'

" Tony Blair has warned that Labour is in worst danger than at any time in the last 100 years as he warned the party would go “over the cliff’s edge” under Jeremy Corbyn.

In a dramatic late intervention in the leadership race, the former prime minister said the party faced possible “annihilation” if the hard-Left candidates wins the contest.

He said the idea Mr Corbyn offered anything new to Britain’s problems was “laughable” and said Labour’s reputation as a party of government laid in the balance. "

Labour faces 'annihilation' under Jeremy Corbyn, Tony Blair warns in dramatic late intervention - Telegraph

He is not happy about Komrade Korbyn who will purge the Bliar virus - reminds me suitable episode of Red Dwarf

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Like Moses, the bearded Corbyn will lead Labour out into the wilderness. But probably not to the promised land.

Seriously, I am appalled at the infiltration of Labour by some on the right and the extreme left, and at how easily this seems to have been done. It isn't right or clever to join Labour simply to wreck their rightful election process. Presumably all parties could be attacked in this way, at any time. I am a Tory, but don't want to see HM Official Opposition wrecked. Healthy opposition makes healthy governments.

Comment

When people try to infiltrate the Tories, they soon get converted to the rightness* of the conservative cause.

* Pun intended.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
          Like Moses, the bearded Corbyn will lead Labour out into the wilderness. But probably not to the promised land.

Seriously, I am appalled at the infiltration of Labour by some on the right and the extreme left, and at how easily this seems to have been done. It isn't right or clever to join Labour simply to wreck their rightful election process. Presumably all parties could be attacked in this way, at any time. I am a Tory, but don't want to see HM Official Opposition wrecked. Healthy opposition makes healthy governments.

There can't possibly be that many mischief makers that the 'wrong' candidate is leading the 'right' ones by over 30% of the vote. So maybe it's because he's addressing issues in a straightforward manner which is appealing to people? Farrage did ok at the election with a similar ruse after all.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            There can't possibly be that many mischief makers that the 'wrong' candidate is leading the 'right' ones by over 30% of the vote. So maybe it's because he's addressing issues in a straightforward manner which is appealing to people? Farrage did ok at the election with a similar ruse after all.
            I don't think its much more than 1 candidate is very willing to travel the country, appear on TV and answer questions.

The others haven't done that and even thought their summer holiday plans were more important than this campaign..

And the irony is that the people likely to vote for Corbyn do regard Tony Blair as the enemy. All his intervention will do is to actually encourage them to fill the form in and find the post box.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

the votes come from the Labour Heartland - London!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He is a war criminal who won 3 general elections. By occupying the centre ground for aspirational middle classes.

I hate him and want him sent to a modern day Nurembourg.

Does not mean he is wrong on this point though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  He is a war criminal who won 3 general elections. By occupying the centre ground for aspirational middle classes.

I hate him and want him sent to a modern day Nurembourg.

Does not mean he is wrong on this point though.
                  He's right. Problem is that he is so disliked it will encourage those who dislike him to do exactly what he doesn't want...

If he was actually clever he would have followed Gordon Brown's approach and refused to say anything...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    I'm afraid there can be. The largest part of his support is from the unions. If the unions want hard left, it's a shame they can't just stand up for what they believe in and form a hard left party or join an existing one (there are several). Instead they prefer to ride on the coat tails of centre left Labour, hoping the population at large won't notice. They will notice and Labour will be wrecked. But what do the unions care? Wrecking is what they do.

Farrageis different - he formed his own party fair and square, and shouted about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X