• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

<< canned laughter >>

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<< canned laughter >>

…or maybe not: Stephen Lewis, On the Buses' 'Blakey', dies aged 88 - BBC News

Brill chap. yet another big loss.

My knowledge of any celebrities ended in the 1980s, soon the only ones left will be those I never heard off, rapper Chuffy Broomstick, Alesia Fluffypants who starred in some film about a whatsit etc.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I wasn't a big fan of the characters he played, but without a doubt he played them well and they were appreciated by lots of people. I didn't know he was a play-write who had success on stage though.

Gave a lot of people a lot of laughs, that's a pretty big achievement for a life . RIP.

Comment

Never saw On The Buses. It was ITV & we never had it on in our house.

Have seen a few repeats recently, it's all "Phwoar! Look at the tits on that". Really annoys my PC sister in law so I have to say a big thank you to Stephen, Reg and co.

Comment

Stans sister was Olive, who was fat and ugly and wore glasses.

When I saw her out of character, wow, what a lovely woman.

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

RIP Blakey (though you were very much before my time)

Also 'Smiler' on last of summer wine, whom I do remember well.

Comment

Working...
            X