• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

Well mine should be pack up yesterday visit Leicester's Space centre today before heading to Cornwall for 2 weeks.

Instead I'm in London working (and its not because of clientco, just blame the mother in law and inability to mention operation dates)..

so while I'm planning to visit various national trust properties what are you doing?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

TFA,

- had a crown fitted last Friday and all was well until Sunday evening when a throbbing started getting worse throughout the week so I've been living on Ibuprofen this week. First thing this morning was off to the dentist expecting a root canal extraction but instead just got more Ibuprofen (800's) and antibiotics, pencilled in for the 14/9 for the bigger jobbie as he's off on holiday
    - tomorrow will be packing my bags and then driving via Luxembourg to Dijon where we'll be overnighting
    - Sunday, leave Dijon and drive to Les Issambres, near Frejus (between Cannes and St. Tropez, where we have a house (with pool naturally) overlooking the Med and will be relaxing for a week in the sun.

The view in the evening:

Where I'll be spending most of my time:

Yes, it does have Internet and I will have my laptop
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Got a friend coming round to visit. When her husband divorced her (10 years ago) she got the house and the wine cellar. She knows I like wine. She emailed me with a list of bottles she has lying round, wanting to know which ones she should bring.

So, tomorrow me, my wife and my friend will be forced to drink 2001 Lafite, amongst others.

Then cricket on Sunday - probably my last match of the season.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Just had the week in the sun - St Remy de Provence. Tomorrow we'll be driving home - 6-8 hours depending on traffic.

Yes it does have wifi and yes I do have my laptop!
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Tonight: celebrating Plan B's birthday with dinner somewhere
          Tomorrow: market, cooking, hairdressers, wine in no particular order. Also trying out a sour dough starter that a friend gave me.
          Sunday: Trying out a new (or rather very old family) recipe for the blog and taking pics, bbqing possibly.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

TFA.

- Saturday - BBQ on the Weber beast and trying out some new accessories I got recently.
            - Got someone to quote me on an electronic sliding gate for FLC villa similar to the one below:

- Sunday - BBQ a beer can chicken, some spare ribs for consumption until end of Tuesday
            - Return Ride along leeds liverpool canal from Rodley to Bingley.

Comment

[QUOTE=darmstadt;2130564]TFA,

- had a crown fitted last Friday and all was well until Sunday evening when a throbbing started getting worse throughout the week so I've been living on Ibuprofen this week. First thing this morning was off to the dentist expecting a root canal extraction but instead just got more Ibuprofen (800's) and antibiotics, pencilled in for the 14/9 for the bigger jobbie as he's off on holiday
              - tomorrow will be packing my bags and then driving via Luxembourg to Dijon where we'll be overnighting
              - Sunday, leave Dijon and drive to Les Issambres, near Frejus (between Cannes and St. Tropez, where we have a house (with pool naturally) overlooking the Med and will be relaxing for a week in the sun.

QUOTE]

I am doing a marathon there in November - can I stay at yours?

Comment

Going up to Birmingham on Saturday with my partner to go shopping for a new Dutch Hose.

Comment

TFA

Bugger all
                  Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Parkrun, work, laundry

Comment

Working...
                    X