• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new to contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new to contracting

Hello. I am currently in a full time position and would like to contract as a php developer, i am resigning in end of october 2015. is there a demand for this and would I be successfull in getting contracts easily. I have 4+ years commercial experiance in zend/yii wordpress web based developement, project management etc. based in london?

Contracting is dead. Nothing to see here. Move along....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shorif2000 View Post
      I have 4+ years commercial experiance in zend/yii wordpress web based developement, project management etc. based in london?
      Sorry pal, I don't know if you are based in London.

Comment

I am currently in a full time position and would like to contract as a php developer, i am resigning in end of october 2015. is there a demand for this?

Well, since you are resigning, and would like to contract, do you not think you might have looked into this in a bit of detail beforehand?

Anyway, yes I suspect there is demand. Try some online job sites for contracts with those skills.

It's good see how resourceful people are these days..

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Contracting is dead. Nothing to see here. Move along....
          Says a permie ......

OP - You should PM users like MarillionFan, psychocandy for more information and help.

Comment

There's demand for PHP and there's a massive oversupply of PHP developers all of whom are willing to work for peanuts stretching right across the Asian continent from Vladivostok to the Ural mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              online job sites
              Yes, they shows us various jobs

Comment

Hello. I am currently in a full time position and would like to contract as a php developer, i am resigning in end of october 2015. is there a demand for this and would I be successfull in getting contracts easily. I have 4+ years commercial experiance in zend/yii wordpress web based developement, project management etc. based in london?
                I'm a Nancy boy myself.

Comment

And so I'll copy the OP and let him try again...
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I would not resign in October unless I had a contract.
                    Contractors are usually hired to work on projects, that usually kick off at the begining of the financial year of the country (UK April) additional staff maybe added 6 months in, posted on jobs board in Sept.

But you need to have enough money saved in case you don't get a job.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                    X