• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy birthday plan B

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday plan B

So my Plan B is one year old today. while I hadn't started it with plan B intentions, an extended stint on the bench gave me the time and the inclination to do so.

It's not exactly raking in the cash just yet but, I have gained 3 sponsors in the last year, one to provide me with kitchen gagdets, one with free meat and one with free BBQ aprons. Not to mention some consultancy work in wine and menu development.

It will be a slow burner but it will be nice when it starts to turn over more income.

Still it's something that I really enjoy and hope that one day it becomes full time.

Last edited by norrahe; 14 August 2015, 11:53.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

That's really some shameless advertising lass !!!

Anyway, happy birthday

Hope you make some good dosh out of it !

Comment

All plan b stories gratefully received.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Well done Nor!

Now, about that cookbook...

Comment

As you know far better than me, some recipes need long cooking at low temperatures to bring the flavours out, good job on the development to now

Comment

Happy birthday, Plan B!

Comment

Congratulations. I managed to turn my Plan 'B' into Plan 'A' 18 months ago and have been full time on Plan 'A' since then.

My advice is treat the early years as an experiment. Your goal is to prove or disprove whether what it is you are trying to do is a viable business. And don't be afraid to spend some money to move it forward.

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                Congratulations. I managed to turn my Plan 'B' into Plan 'A' 18 months ago and have been full time on Plan 'A' since then.

My advice is treat the early years as an experiment. Your goal is to prove or disprove whether what it is you are trying to do is a viable business. And don't be afraid to spend some money to move it forward.
                I think the cookbook competition counts as spending money
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Congratulations! Bring back the pig's head to celebrate!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Congratulations! Bring back the pig's head to celebrate!
                    He's having a redesign, a friend of mine is designing me a leather bbq apron, so I'm going to ask her to help tart him up a bit.

She'll be designing a logo for the apron for me.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                    X