• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

beginning of the end for online comments?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beginning of the end for online comments?

Is it the beginning of the end for online comments? - BBC News

Could this be the end of CUK?

Alongside shouting, swearing and incivility, comment sections can also attract racism and sexism.
    I think CUK will be okay in that case.

Comment

No comment.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

The BBC are always running stories thus

"Is this the beginning of the end for [technology]"

[technology] could be ("Desktops", "Laptops", "Email", "Landlines") etc.

The answer is always "No".
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

Many publications do the same, simply as click bait to provoke comment. Eg theregister.co.uk.

Comment

It's all down to the moderators.

CUK will be fine as we have excellent mods

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The problem with comment sections arises when high quality content is posted, but the responses received consist almost entirely of abuse, deranged ranting, and utter gibberish.

The CUK forums have managed to avoid this pattern, as no high quality content is ever posted in the first place

Comment

CUK must drop TPD thread and all will be good

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post

I remember the "end of punch card" broadcast on radio4. And they were wrong about that.

Zeity started using punch cards in 2014 and is hoping to move to an Atari in 2020.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X