• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where are all the Funny People?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are all the Funny People?

I was stretched out on the settee last night typing up some dreadfully dull document for a meeting later this week so I thought I'd have one eye on Top Gear on Dave whilst I was banging away on the keyboard.

Once that was over, the next offering was 8 out of 10 Cats does Countdown; normally a cue to pick up the remote and flick channels but as I was busy I thought hey-ho, why not? I'll give it a chance.

I lasted less than 5 minutes.

Enough time to realise that I was going to have to suffer a smug love-in involving all the usual suspects; Jimmy Carr, Russell Howard, that ubiquitous Geordie woman whose name I can't remember, Phil Jupitus (Gaarrgh!!)and somebody by the name of Romesh Ranganathan who made much of being a Sri Lankan rapper.

Indeed, it was during the show's opening skit where said rapper perfomed a comedy rap about buggering an elderly female member of the cast of Eastenders when my thumb very firmly met the off button.

Infantile is the word.

I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue.
      Doesn't that feature rather a lot of Marcus Brigstocke?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Scroatman View Post
        I was stretched out on the settee last night typing up some dreadfully dull document [...]
        More to the point, why are you working OOH?
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
          Doesn't that feature rather a lot of Marcus Brigstocke?

Not really. Last series the guests were Susan Calman (Sheffield), Omid Djalili (St Albans) and Miles Jupp (Hastings). I don't think Marcus Brigstocke has been on it for 4 years.

Comment

Not really. Last series the guests were Susan Calman (Sheffield), Omid Djalili (St Albans) and Miles Jupp (Hastings). I don't think Marcus Brigstocke has been on it for 4 years.
            There's another R4 comedy then that features a disproportionate amount of Brigstocke. It also has Punt and Dennis who, oddly enough, I don't mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
              There's another R4 comedy then that features a disproportionate amount of Brigstocke. It also has Punt and Dennis who, oddly enough, I don't mind.

Punt & Dennis - The Now Show.

Comment

Now that is tulipe. Right-on lefties, laughing at jokes other right-on lefties tell. Truly hideous.

As for "9 out of 10 Cats", at least it has Rachael Riley.

Comment

That's it.

Been going years - they used to do a stint on Jasper Carrott's show in the 80s IIRC.

Comment

Jimmy Carr is amazing. He looks like an arrogant prat until you realise most of his humour is self-deprecating and he's not afraid to put himself down for a laugh.
                    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Working...
                    X