• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment company in India.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruitment company in India.

Was going to submit a CV for a position I saw advertised on JS, but after doing a quick check (which I normally do for companies I don't know) it seems, though advertising as a UK Ltd, they or a lot of the staff are based in Hyderabad, India.

Anyone come across this before? Genuine or something simply to meet Tier 2 visa requirements, i.e advertise the job in the UK to meet the terms of the 'Resident Labour Market Test'?
    Last edited by Joe Black; 19 August 2015, 15:40.

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
    Was going to submit a CV for a position I saw advertised on JS, but after doing a quick check (which I normally do for companies I don't know) it seems, though advertising as a UK Ltd, they're actually based in Hyderabad, India.

Anyone come across this before? Genuine or something simply to meet Tier 2 visa requirements, i.e advertise the job in the UK to meet the terms of the 'Resident Labour Market Test'?
    Don't do the mistake of submitting your CV to the role. They will use it as a template, change the name of the consultant and sell their candidate.

I speak from direct experience

Edit: In answer to your question, YES. They are trying to met the RLMT.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
      Was going to submit a CV for a position I saw advertised on JS, but after doing a quick check (which I normally do for companies I don't know) it seems, though advertising as a UK Ltd, they're actually based in Hyderabad, India.

Company name?
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Normally the especially low rate will alert you
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Company name?
          My money is on Silverlink

Comment

When the UK has to outsource even recruitment then you know the apocalypse is imminent, FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              My money is on Silverlink
              Smartedge Solutions.

Comment

Normally the especially low rate will alert you
                But surely if the location is a rubbish tip in Mumbai the expenses will be quite low too. Only place that you can contract in the UK without paying a fortune in hotel bill is Blackpool in winter. Worth considering the pros and cons.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

From the web site:-

Distinctive Approach. Based on your exclusive needs & our expertise in the recruitment industry.
                  I guess one of the "exclusive needs" is the need to be able to body shop someone in on £30 PD.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    Don't do the mistake of submitting your CV to the role. They will use it as a template, change the name of the consultant and sell their candidate.

I speak from direct experience.
                    Actually had something similar years ago, thinking about it now. Though in that case it turned out to be an agent who simply changed the contact number, then used my CV to get the details of various roles so he could then go about cold-calling the company in question...

Comment

Working...
                    X