• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For sale - 4.5m Hobbit Home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sale - 4.5m Hobbit Home

From the Telegraph:

The invisible £4.5m home: underground Hampstead Heath house up for sale - Telegraph

Property particulars:

East Heath Road, Hampstead, London, NW3 | Aston Chase - Properties of Distinction

I bet Great Uncle Bulgaria is kicking himself now after to selling up to La La and Dipsy in the early 90s.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Fab looking house that but certainly looks like a case of fur coat/no knickers. It's gonna be very echo'y and cold with all the marble and bear walls. The access to the patio is through a bedroom and so on. Will be dark and miserable on grey days or the sun isn't overhead as well.

Looks great from the outset but I bet it's functionality falls apart when you go look at it.

Still, at 4.5M I might get it just to hideaway for a bit of me time...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I bet Great Uncle Bulgaria is kicking himself now after to selling up to La La and Dipsy in the early 90s.
        I want some of what you are taking....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It's gonna be very echo'y and cold with all the marble and bear walls.
          You mean bears hibernate there in the winter?

Well I was interested, but that's put me right off.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
          X