• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Finance

Hi,

Recently started contracting I have good credit, have any of you seasoned contractors applied for car finance how does this differ from when you were a permie ? Is it much harder to get now you are a director of a limited company ? Do they often require 2 years of accounts etc??

Ta

NLUK - Don't get saying your usual lines such as ... ask your accountant / IR35 etc..

Car finance?

You mean paying interest on a rapidly depreciating asset, thus making the depreciating asset even more expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Car finance?

You mean paying interest on a rapidly depreciating asset, thus making the depreciating asset even more expensive?

Yep exactly.

Comment

Had no problem with financing half the Stuttgart missile.

No need to prove anything initially, just be honest about revenue. They'll check it if they're that concerned.

Certainly wouldn't borrow for a car that depreciates far more. Some companies are keen to make sure that there's no equity left in the car when you buy it. If the salesman has left equity in the car, he hasn't done his job properly in their eyes.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Okay then. Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
            Had no problem with financing half the Stuttgart missile.

No need to prove anything initially, just be honest about revenue. They'll check it if they're that concerned.

Certainly wouldn't borrow for a car that depreciates far more. Some companies are keen to make sure that there's no equity left in the car when you buy it. If the salesman has left equity in the car, he hasn't done his job properly in their eyes.

Yeah I know this.

I like a nice car though always buy 3 years old with 1 year warranty on a 2 year PCP and swap it after a year don't loose too much really just depreciation

Comment

My last two cars have been purchased via finance. I used Oracle Finance to arrange - very painless process. (I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm not meant to write company names)

Ignore the posters banging on about depreciating assets etc....no point being the richest contractor in the graveyard!

Comment

Originally posted by PetroDollarWarrior View Post
                My last two cars have been purchased via finance. I used Oracle Finance to arrange - very painless process. (I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm not meant to write company names)

Ignore the posters banging on about depreciating assets etc....no point being the richest contractor in the graveyard!
                EXACTLY Mate.

Only £300 a month anyway lol what you drive ?

Comment

Have you spoken to your car financer?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Currently a 2011 Aston Martin Virage prior to that V8 Vantage. Both totally ridiculous and impractical cars......but hey , life is short!

Comment

Working...
                    X