• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House Chain Stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Chain Stress

My House was sold back in March and I was hoping to exchange contracts today as we've all agreed to move over the bank holiday weekend next week.
    But Just have the dreaded phone call that they can’t proceed as someone at the top of the chain is still waiting on a couple of queries. FFS!

I now know why people say moving house is the most stressful time of your life

I sometimes wonder if it's worth just moving into rented accommodation so you can sell with less hassle and buy somewhere without a chain...

Hope it all works out
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

We've always broken the chain (put stuff in storage, stayed with family or rented accommodation) to improve our bargaining position, simplify the moving logistics (moving just ourselves twice is easier), and reduce stress.

Also, we have always offered Estate Agents more than their standard percentage with significant uplifts over certain amounts to incentivise them greatly.
      DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        My House was sold back in March and I was hoping to exchange contracts today as we've all agreed to move over the bank holiday weekend next week.
        But Just have the dreaded phone call that they can’t proceed as someone at the top of the chain is still waiting on a couple of queries. FFS!

I now know why people say moving house is the most stressful time of your life
        On a plus side - your house value gone up by estimated +10000% since March.

Comment

Originally posted by kyber View Post
          We've always broken the chain (put stuff in storage, stayed with family or rented accommodation) to improve our bargaining position, simplify the moving logistics (moving just ourselves twice is easier), and reduce stress.

Also, we have always offered Estate Agents more than their standard percentage with significant uplifts over certain amounts to incentivise them greatly.
          No you haven't. You just think it's cool to suggest that you did.
          You probably still live at home with your parents and jerk off into your dirty socks most nights.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I had an 8 month nightmare where the bottom of the chain pulled out twice. We had a baby in the middle of it all as well. It was ridiculously stressful.

Annoyingly we originally had the option of a cash buyer, but accepted an offer from someone with a chain for a couple of thousand more. Big mistake.
            Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Er, not sure why you would be so offensive and rude. Hope you are getting the help you clearly need.
              DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

Er, not sure why you would be so offensive and rude. Hope you are getting the help you clearly need.
                Says the c0cksocket who openly admits to routinely reneging on house purchases to improve their own finances. You obviously don't do Irony!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Says the c0cksocket who openly admits to routinely reneging on house purchases to improve their own finances. You obviously don't do Irony!
                  I recognise irony, and what you posted did not qualify. No idea what a c0cksocket is, some immature insult I guess. I have never reneged on any financial dealing. I shall not respond to your childishness again.
                  DORMANT ACCOUNT

Comment

I've done the first bit, or rather it just kind of worked out that way. If you can afford it, it's a good way to proceed.

The second bit? Who are you trying to kid?
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X