• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?

I started a new contract recently, imagine my surprise that after agreeing a rate of £600 per day, the agent told me he was so impressed with my credentials he would add another 25% day from the agency, taking me to £750.

Has anyone else had a negative commission?

Threaded.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Mind you, it did help that I owned the agency although I later had the agent killed by the King of Denmark of course.

Threaded.

Comment

1st rule of contracting...never discuss rates...with anyone, let alone fellow contractors...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Imagine my surprise when the King of Denmark's wife gobbled me off under the table at the Royal Banquet with the Danish Prime Minister.

Threaded.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MF - you very childish. I suspect David Contractor Jr took over his account. Yep, that's the only rational explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
            I started a new contract recently, imagine my surprise that after agreeing a rate of £600 per day, the agent told me he was so impressed with my credentials he would add another 25% day from the agency, taking me to £750.

Has anyone else had a negative commission?

Threaded.
            Imagine what the agents are getting if they could give you a payrise! The job was probably paged at £2500 a day

Mailman

Comment

Working...
            X