• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

7 killed at air display.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 killed at air display.

Shoreham plane crash: Seven dead after Hawker Hunter hits cars - BBC News

For dear old Freako, this refers to the tragic crash of a Hawker Hunter at the air display at Shoreham.

Horrible. Not sure, was in a pub garden about 15-20km N from Shoreham, but think I heard it. Continuous dronings from that direction and then it all stopped. 2nd plane crash I've heard. Was sure about the first one, but that only killed 2. Light aircraft came down in a field near my village.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

News is pilot is still alive.

Comment

I've been in Bournemouth all day watching the air show there. There was also one in Dawlish - I think all these planes have done a stint at each show before moving along the coast to the next one.

Terrible tragedy. Hope pilot pulls through.

The Vulcan bomber though was just awesome.

Comment

We were at the show.. the image of the fireball will be forever etched in my mind.. horrible tragic event and my thoughts go out to all those who lost family and friends

What sickens me are the people at the crash site standing around taking videos and photos...
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post

What sickens me are the people at the crash site standing around taking videos and photos...
            You're ok with the BBC doing it though?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Apparently the body count has now reached 11.
              Now up to 20
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                You're ok with the BBC all news providers doing it though?
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                  You're ok with the BBC doing it though?

So if you're at a crash site, the first thing you'd do is reach for you smartphone and video it for youtube?

FWIW: I accept that in this net-connected day and age it's inevitable that footage of the crash will get uploaded, it was an air show and many people will have been filming the display and captured the crash as it happened... What I DO have a massive problem with is people AT THE CRASH SITE filming the aftermath... that's so sick, it beggars beleif TBH...

The BBC (and other media) blacked-out the moment of impact.
                  Last edited by Dark Black; 24 August 2015, 10:51.
                  Do what thou wilt

Comment

Working...
                  X