• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The purge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The purge

Moderate Labour MPs fear Jeremy Corbyn purge

Labour MPs fear they will be “purged” from the party for being too right wing if Jeremy Corbyn wins the leadership contest.

Several MPs told The Telegraph that they fear Mr Corbyn's supporters will apply for the result of the Labour leadership election to be broken down on a constituency-by-constituency basis.

They are concerned that the breakdown will be used to eject moderate MPs if the majority of their constituents back Mr Corbyn.

It came as Alan Johnson, the leading moderate who many Labour MPs hope will lead a right wing breakaway if Mr Corbyn wins, told The Telegraph he is "going nowhere".

He appealed to his supporters to stop "plotting and planning" a backbench rebellion in the event that Mr Corbyn wins.

Source (ToryGraph): Moderate Labour MPs fear Jeremy Corbyn purge - Telegraph

Vote Korbyn and get some Liebor MPs purged for free!

"We are afraid that if people don't vote for us we are not relevant in the voting process."

Correct. That is what voting is.

Might as well say "If I don't win the election I am worried I won't be the prime minister"
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Labour MPs fear they will be “purged” from the party for being too right wing if Jeremy Corbyn wins the leadership contest.

Several MPs told The Telegraph that they fear Mr Corbyn's supporters will apply for the result of the Labour leadership election to be broken down on a constituency-by-constituency basis.

They are concerned that the breakdown will be used to eject moderate MPs if the majority of their constituents back Mr Corbyn.

It came as Alan Johnson, the leading moderate who many Labour MPs hope will lead a right wing breakaway if Mr Corbyn wins, told The Telegraph he is "going nowhere".

He appealed to his supporters to stop "plotting and planning" a backbench rebellion in the event that Mr Corbyn wins.

Given that all seats are due to get new boundaries every MP is going to be up for re selection...

And given the number of new voters who have arrived there is a chance you will not get the new seat you want.

What I really don't get is why people think Corbyn is an insane choice. He may be but its perfectly understandable for people to look at the field being presented and decide to vote for the only person who has presented well and provided a consistent viewpoint (even if you don't agree with everything he says)...

Heck I paid my £3 to try and give some support to the least left wing candidate (Kendell). She got my first preference, Corbyn get the next vote because the other options aren't saying anything or providing anyone with any reason to vote for them beyond well I'm not the others....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

So in essence what this dude is saying is that if someone with left wing views actually becomes the leader of the main left wing party - then he will try and get the rest of the party to rebel to become like their main opposition party.

Does that not in a nutshell clearly show what has been wrong with labour for the past 20 years?

Vote Korbyn and get an 'honest' left wing politician to run the left wing party - crazy..

Comment

Working...
        X