• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money for old rope.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money for old rope.

Nice job for William Knight, CUK journalist: read forum posts on a topic, write an "article" based on quoting them.

That is fine expat - that's what journalists do: they listen and then print, consider it being an interview, you get quoted in the press etc.

"Profits come from shoddy programming," says developer ATW. "There are pretty much no good incentives to invest more money into better practices and testing. Heck, testing is often deemed as a barrier, rather than something that actually benefits the end users.""

Now this is horrid my nickname is misspelt!

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      Nice job for William Knight, CUK journalist: read forum posts on a topic, write an "article" based on quoting them.
      proves the point of Media Studies being the cut and paste A-level
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        That is fine expat - that's what journalists do: they listen and then print, consider it being an interview, you get quoted in the press etc.

"Profits come from shoddy programming," says developer ATW. "There are pretty much no good incentives to invest more money into better practices and testing. Heck, testing is often deemed as a barrier, rather than something that actually benefits the end users.""

I'm just pissed because I wasn't quoted

Comment

Has to be said that it's not the best peice i've ever read, he seems to waffle a bit and i'm not really sure what his point is....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
            Has to be said that it's not the best peice i've ever read, he seems to waffle a bit and i'm not really sure what his point is....
            I'm waiting for his "Test Please Delete" article

Comment

Well Alexei's always like that.....

Has to be said that it's not the best peice i've ever read, he seems to waffle a bit and i'm not really sure what his point is
              Why not?

Comment

I thought the idea of journalism was

I thought the idea of journalism was to print something as offensive as possible - then you can print all the letters from readers who are offended to fill up space.

Comment

Shoddy workmanship

Atw said:
                  Now that is shoddy! I'll see if I can get it corrected!

Comment

That's okay, no biggie really, thanks for qouting

Comment

Working...
                    X