• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A job awaits...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A job awaits...

Following on from my post about a recruitment company in India I was wondering whether this sounded better? They have offices in five countries apparently:

Senior Programmer Analyst
    Contract/Permanent
    IT IS A ONE YEAR FIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT

UNFORTUNATELY DUE TO THE IMMEDIATE REQUIREMENT OF THIS ROLE, WE DON'T HAVE A FORMAL JOB DESCRIPTION BUT WE LEARNT FROM OUR CLIENT THAT THEY NEED A .NET DEVELOPER WHO HAVE EXPERIENCE IN MORTGAGES
    Tempted, but seems Shiva is based in Chennai, India, once again...
    Last edited by Joe Black; 25 August 2015, 16:08. Reason: No emoji

Originally posted by Joe Black View Post
    Following on from my post about a recruitment company in India I was wondering whether this sounded better? They have offices in five countries apparently:

Tempted, but seems Shiva is based in Channel, India, once again.
    not even trying useless Bob twunts

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
      not even trying useless Bob twunts
      But they have a job, and want my CV! Having no indication of rate, salary, a job description, doesn't mean I shouldn't send it...right?

Comment

But they have a job, and want my CV! Having no indication of rate, salary, a job description, doesn't mean I shouldn't send it...right?
        Hmm, no, seems legit.

In the immortal words of Bullet Tooth Tony, "never underestimate the predictability of stupidity."
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Hmm, no, seems legit.
          Eh, reasons leading to that conclusion?

If they are legit then Shiva, Dhanoop...and 'Joseph S' seem to have a different idea of what most here think of as a job description. Quite possible of course, as in some places 'a job' is all that is needed...

Business Analyst- Digital Banking
          Milton Keynes, UK
          Contract/Permanent

Digital banking-Mandatory
          JAVA,J2EE
          ...or occasionally a bit more.

Comment

Eh, reasons leading to that conclusion?

If they are legit then Shiva, Dhanoop...and 'Joseph S' seem to have a different idea of what most here think of as a job description. Quite possible of course, as in some places 'a job' is all that is needed...

...or occasionally a bit more.
            Welcome on board. I was being sarcastic.

They're probably cv fishing so that they can match your cv to Bob.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Sarcasm? I leave that to the smilies, or emoji as youngsters like to call them...

Comment

Tempted, but seems Shiva is based in Chennai, India, once again...
                IT IS A ONE YEAR FIXED TERM EMPLOYMENT

This usually means same pay as permie, but contract for 1 year.
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

ਮੁੰਡਿਆਂ ਤੋਂ ਬੱਚ ਕੇ
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Full job description for me is £500+ per day,WFH available, 6months with extensions, telephone interviews, start Monday

Comment

Working...
                    X