• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unboomed

Just found out that because of the excellent progress my team has been making in hitting its targets, there's actually not going to be any need to keep me for the full duration of the contract & I'll be finishing on 30 September. A full 3 months early :-(

Doh!

Ah well, there'll be another gig along in a minute

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
      Just found out that because of the excellent progress my team has been making in hitting its targets, there's actually not going to be any need to keep me for the full duration of the contract & I'll be finishing on 30 September. A full 3 months early :-(
      Thst just bad planning on your part
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Bugger, hopefully you will still have time before the inevitable Christmas slow down, or take three months off and start in the new year
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Boooo My gig will almost certainly be coming to an end in October, so might be joining you in the 'yikes-where-are-all-the-gigs-before-Xmas' corner....
            latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

It's not a terrible time of year - tulip happens, wouldn't worry about it. Revise the CV, Get networking and hit the market.
              I think you spelled "Sit back, relax, no need to fret, don't bother looking around for another gig until after New Year" wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Sit back, relax, no need to fret, don't bother looking around for another gig until after New Year
                I almost hope I do get tulip-canned so that I can do this. Phew I'm tired... one week's holiday a year for the last 12 years

Comment

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
                  Boooo My gig will almost certainly be coming to an end in October, so might be joining you in the 'yikes-where-are-all-the-gigs-before-Xmas' corner....
                  It's not a terrible time of year - tulip happens, wouldn't worry about it. Revise the CV, Get networking and hit the market.
                  Already had quite a bit of downtime earlier in the year. Market was dead around March/April. Hope its better now 'cos I've got a mortgage application in the pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    I almost hope I do get tulip-canned so that I can do this. Phew I'm tired... one week's holiday a year for the last 12 years
                    In the past 10 years I have had on average 2 weeks off a year - and I thought that was sad. You have truly taken the biscuit there though and honestly I pity you, though in some ways I do empathize.

Comment

Working...
                    X