• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fahrenheit 451

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fahrenheit 451

Or is it 1984?

Manchester girl, 16, pleads guilty to terror charges - BBC News

A teenage girl has pleaded guilty to two terror offences including possessing "recipes for explosives" and a bomb-making guide.

The 16-year-old, from Manchester, admitted the charges at the city's Magistrates' Court. She was arrested in April following an investigation by the North West Counter Terrorism Unit. The inquiry also led to the arrest of a boy, 14, who admitted involvement in a plot to attack police in Australia. The court heard that phone data retrieved by police showed the pair exchanged more than 2,000 WhatsApp messages a day before being arrested. No evidence was found that the girl was aware or played any part in the Anzac Day plot or any plan to harm others or incite terrorism in the UK or elsewhere, the court was told.

Anarchist Cookbook

The girl, who cannot be named, admitted two counts of possessing a document containing information of a kind likely to be of use to a person preparing or committing an act of terrorism. She used her school's IT system to search for information on Jihadi John, the so-called Islamic State (IS) group and images of Michael Adebolajo, who killed Fusilier Lee Rigby in Woolwich in 2013.

Analysis of her mobile phone found instructions for producing a timed circuit, a document about DIY bomb-making and the Anarchist Cookbook 2000. The girl also had images of guns, knives and grenades. Photos of a dead child and an execution were also recovered, the court heard.

The judge warned her that his sentencing options would include "immediate custody".
    That's good then.

Do I dare google "Anarchist Cookbook" to find out what it is?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

This would have never happened under Corbyn!

That's right, won't happen because those who try to do it will be send for re-edukation to his friends in Hezbollah. A week or two in their boot camp would do.

Comment

Seriously, people should not be jailed just on the basis of what they downloaded or searched - only if they tried to make bomb etc.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Or is it 1984?

That's good then.

It used to be (late 90's) a "book" on how to make tennis ball bombs from match heads, how to annoy staff at mcdoanlds, mostly stuff that would be called pranks.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is CUK Cookbook on the list of prohibited books yet?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Seriously, people should not be jailed just on the basis of what they downloaded or searched - only if they tried to make bomb etc.
            On that logic, people should only be jailed after blowing up a building, not planning it
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              It used to be (late 90's) a "book" on how to make tennis ball bombs from match heads, how to annoy staff at mcdoanlds, mostly stuff that would be called pranks.

I accuse Goody SimonMac.

I've probably got some old electronics book with instructions on how to produce a timer circuit.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Or is it 1984?

That's good then.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook

At the time of its publication, one Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) memo described The Anarchist Cookbook as "one of the crudest, low-brow, paranoiac writing efforts ever attempted".
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The Anarchist Cookbook has been around since the 1960s, circulating underground. I vaguely remember glancing at it online back in the 1990s.

By all accounts, as it was cobbled together by various ill-informed hippies, weirdoes, and Citizen Smith-type revolutionaries over the years, it's an extremely bad idea to follow any of its instructions on making, handling, and deploying explosive devices, as you're extremely likely to blow yourself up before you get very far

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    This would have never happened under Corbyn!

That's right, won't happen because those who try to do it will be send for re-edukation to his friends in Hezbollah. A week or two in their boot camp would do.
                    Спасибо товарищу Kорбыну за наше счастливое детство.....

Though strictly speaking foreign names don't inflect in Russian grammar....

Comment

Working...
                    X